Saturday, April 24, 2010

It has been a long time since I have posted anything on my blog, not that the handful of followers would notice. This is more of a diary of sorts, than a blog I guess as there are no daily, weekly and at times monthly updates about my life, my writing, my thoughts....I do however have many, many unpublished entries on here that never make it to the publish page. They have been deemed unreadable by me and so therefore stay locked in the closet of lost drafts and random thought.



There are these long quiet times when my mind is so at ease that not a creative thought crosses it's path and then there are times when I will go days with out rest, without a quiet moment inside the confines of my own mind. When I will close my eyes and the colors will leap and swirl and combine to create an endless story but those times seem to come few and far between lately and I feel sad and lost without it, I am sad when my mind is quiet.



Always looking for something else, always searching for that one thing that may ignite my soul and let me get lost inside of myself. Always reaching for someone to understand the feeling that crawls under my skin when I can't, won't write.



Where does inspiration birth from, is it some captured memory like the fire fly in the glass, or does it move with the wind from place to place with me not far behind trying to catch it in my net? I don't know, I wish I had the answer, do you?



Tonight it is so peaceful here in the dark with only the glow of my laptop and the flickering candle. The breeze is cool and the gentle rain is lightly tapping on the roof of the canopy I sit under....I hate being alone, writing is an odd passion for someone that hates being alone. Even now with the company of the wind, the trees and Bob Marley I write to some imaginary friend, because I hate being alone....here... in my head.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely - the setting of where you are writing. But, remember, you really aren't alone. There are so many others who are sitting at their computers writing at this very same moment - we are all with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno'. I think inspiration kind of sneaks up on you. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know where i get my inspiration...

    ReplyDelete